Monday, January 25, 2010

..

This is not a new subject. But i feel that i need to rant about it anyway...

Photobucket


The one thing i hate about fashion: the emaciated models they put the clothes on to send down the runway. Woman should not see photos such as these (i found far worse pictures that horrified me and decided not to post them) and get the impression that this is the "ideal body". When i was a freshman/sophomore, i had this exact impression. I tried every fad diet, exercised like crazy, and got to a sickly 14 bmi. I'v had several friends, even my mother, go through anorexia. And most of them say they developed anorexia from seeing photos such as these.
While some countries setting rules so that models have a minimum bmi... others are doing absolutely nothing. What kind of message is this sending to women all over the world?

Women who are this skinny, do not portray what an "healthy woman" should look like.

Another statement on anorexia:

The government should try to moderate what is posted on the internet.
"thinspiration" or the very popular website "pro ana nation" should be banned...
Its one thing to develop an eating disorder on your own, but quite another to be looking on a website that gives you "tips & tricks"
"things to do to distract you from eating" "the one apple a day diet!" etc.

An eating disorder is not something you want. Believe me, 4 years later and i still suffer.

Sorry for this rant.. feel free to comment on your feelings about this subject:)

xo
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE SO RIGHT! Pro ana has to go, I've never been 'pro ana' but I remember a girl following my blog, and I checked hers out and it was her first post, and she was like, 'today is my first day being anorexic' and I'm like YOU HAVE NO IDEA what its like to have anorexia, it gradually comes into your life, you don't just decide, tomorrow I"m getting and eating disorder.

    Loved this post, all of it is so right.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete