Saturday, February 6, 2010

Q&A

I received some questions following my "Acceptance!" post... so i'm going to answer them:)

1.
Q: "Was it hard getting into FIDM?"
A: For me it wasn't difficult whatsoever. It may depend on the person, but i followed everything the application process required, did it in a timely manner, and put alot of effort into it. If you truly believe FIDM is the school for you, you will have absolutely no problem getting accepted.
2.
Q: "Is a Admissions advisor necessary?"
A: Whenever you request information from FIDM, an admissions advisor will contact you via phone call. I suppose you can just forgo having one... but honestly i would highly recommend getting an admissions advisor. They help you SO MUCH. I am so grateful for mine, he helped me get all my materials together and actually helped get me in because before having an interview they write you a recommendation that accounts for a large part of whether you get in or not...

3.
Q:"What kind of questions do they ask in the interview? and how long does it take?"
A:I did my interview over the phone and it took only 15 min. Usually it takes about an hour.. but apparently they already decided to accept me before the actual interview.
In my interview, the Director asked me: How i feel about school, talked about my recommendations, GPA, Entrance Project,if i was ready to move, and the most important question he asked was if i felt this career was really what i wanted to do. He was friendly and we talked about some casual topics as well. The important thing about the interview is to just me your self and show them that this is truly what you want to do.


Feel free to ask anyother questions, i will answer them personally or post them on here.

If i receive my Entrance Project back, i will post it as an example to anyone who is planning to apply to FIDM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment